Job Seeker Details
- I am adaptable. I served Corporate, Retail and Residential clients each with differing interior decorating needs. Residential clients had diverse cultural backgrounds - Indian, Ethiopian and European.I lived in three countries – South Africa, Israel, New Zealand - each with different languages, religions and cultures.
- I am innovative. I created solutions for on the spot problems e.g. brittle walls, skew walls, metal reinforced walls where holes must be drilled. I created designs of new sideways blind principles, custom carpets and murals.
- Forward Thinker. At the outset my project plans were analysed to anticipate possible issues and initiate timely actions e.g. booking of special transport needs in advance, booking of required installers, subcontractors and/or artists with limited availability and pre-inspections of properties. This competency came in very handy when twice I managed moving countries, where shipping containers, house movers, packing of household content, passport/visa/emigration documents all had their own timing requirements.
- I give attention to detail and thoroughness. This attribute resulted in happy customers, taking into account their personality, decorating needs and architecture. As Inter Art was a sole proprietorship, I was solely responsible for the planning and budget of the whole project, down to the amount of nails and finishing touches required to achieve the desired look.
- Planning and Organising. These competencies are verified by listing relevant activities done whilst being owner and manager of Inter Art Interiors. I successfully ran multiple projects concurrently. Projects covered diverse product requirements, furniture, window dressings, bedding, floor coverings, custom carpet designs, and the like. Each project required interfacing with multiple subcontractors to organise and synchronise their manufacturing, delivery and installation schedules.
- Execution and Results Driven. All projects in the history of Inter Art Interiors were executed on time, within budget and according to my design specifications, even though projects included custom designed products that addressed the unique requirements of each customer individually.
- Supplier Selection and Management. As Project manager I sourced and selected a wide variety of suppliers in interior products and services - various textile suppliers, furniture- , blinds- and curtain- manufacturers, artists, galleries.
- Customer Focus. All my customers in Inter Art Interiors were obtained by word of mouth, no advertising was needed, and most became recurring customers.
- Basic Microsoft Office. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Design & Architecture
13 Years Experience
CEO & General Management
13 Years Experience
General/Business Unit Manager