Training and Workshops
New Kiwi Career Success is a FREE 3 day training programme to assist relatively new migrants seeking employment in Auckland. To be eligible for this workshop you must be looking to work full-time and have a Work Visa or Resident Visa and a proficient level of understanding and comprehension of the English language.
Here's what you will learn:
- Practical job search advice on the New Zealand job market for migrants new to New Zealand or for those who are underemployed
- Assist you to create a great, Kiwi-style CV
- Help you to answer those tricky interview questions
- Research your industry and occupation
- Share your experience with other New Kiwis
- Access job vacancies
- Develop a winning job search strategy just for you!!
Here’s what you do:
- Attend 3 days training
- Attend follow-up workshops
- Keep regular contact with us and
- Come with a committed and positive attitude.
“Fantastic! Energized me with positive attitude and hope. Gained a lot of new knowledge about kiwi attitude, kiwi life style, kiwi employer and what they expect from us when they search for a new employee.”
- 90+% get an interview
- 84% employed in 3 months
- NKCS 2017 – 12: 01 – 03 February 2017
- NKCS 2017 – 13: 13 – 15 February 2017
- NKCS 2017 – 14: 27 – 01 March 2017
- NKCS 2017 – 15: 13 – 15 March 2017
- NKCS 2017 – 16: 27 – 29 March 2017
- NKCS 2017 – 17: 19 – 21 April 2017
- NKCS 2017 – 18: 26 – 28 April 2017
Unfortunately our courses are not open to students engaged in study, or hold a Student visa, once you have graduated feel free to contact us. Our course is also not open to those holding a Working Holiday, Tourist or Visitors Visa.
To register your interest in this Workshop please complete the form here and email it with your CV, Visa and passport scans to Bobbie at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call us on 0800 709 907.
The Auckland Chamber of Commerce runs a number of initiatives that assist in finding candidates employment. See below more information about our Migrant Employment Programme.
Migrant Employment Services:
- Looking for employment?
- In receipt of assistance from Work and Income?
- Been in New Zealand for less than 10 years?
Then give us a call to discuss your registration onto the Migrant Employment Programme.
Helen Corban - Migrant Employment Liaison
(09) 375 3922 | email@example.com
Auckland Regional Migrant Service
Haere Mai, Welcome to New Zealand!
The Auckland Regional Migrant Services Charitable Trust (ARMS) is a non-profit organisation which supports migrants, refugees and returning kiwis to settle successfully in the Auckland Region.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment or to register for workshops. Alternatively, call on 09 625 2440 to make an inquiry about our services or visit www.arms-mrc.org.nz
Chinese New Settlers Services
Chinese New Settlers Services Trust (CNSST) was first registered as a charitable trust on 9 September 1998. The trust offers comprehensive services delivered in a culturally and linguistically appropriate way to the wider community and Asian new settlers, in particular, those from China, Korea, Japan and Vietnam.
CNSST is located in the Panmure business centre with 7 cultural learning centres located across the Auckland region. CNSST provides social services, social housing and educational programmes, and trading under the name of ‘CNSST Education Institute’ (CNSSTEI) offers tertiary level courses to both local and international students.
Visit www.cnsst.org.nz for more information or call +64 9 570 1188.